Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dukan Diet Pre-Stage

So, I am starting this new diet, called the Dukan Diet. It's based off the research of a French doctor. The science seems pretty sound to me and I am excited to be doing this. After all the diets I've done where I've lost a lot of weight, it hasn't taken too long to gain it all back. Hopefully with this diet, I'll keep it off forever and adjust my survival weight to a healthy, maintainable weight.

There are 4 phases to this diet. Phase 1: Attack. This is where I'll sort of shock my body into diet mode, but I won't add strenuous exercise into the diet. Just 20 minutes of walking a day. Can do. I'll eat healthy, lean meats and proteins. I can enjoy non-fat dairy products as well. No fruit, no carbs (except the 1 tbs of oat bran a day). Attack Phases lasts 5-10 days. Then, onto Phase 2: Cruise.

I'll explain this phase when the time comes. As for now, my concentration is on Phase 1: Attack. I weigh in on Tuesday, since this will be my official weigh in day every week. (Not to mention I need to go grocery shopping and supply myself with things I can eat.)

I'm in a competition to lose weight, sort of like "Biggest Loser". Jordan, Anna (my sis-in-law), Robert (my brother-in-law), and Karina (friend) have all agreed to put money into a pot. Whoever loses the most percentage of body fat by 12/21/2012 will win the pot of mullah and a new wardrobe for their new body. Great idea, no? I'm super excited.

Expect another post on Tuesday with my goals listed, my before picture, and more explanation about the Dukan Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment